Friday, December 21, 2007

Global Gutz Friday 13th July 2007: The Movie!

Even though I crashed and lost my awesome lead-out, this remains my favorite racing memory of 2007 - a worldwide simulaneous race in a dozen different cities, with the local winner getting a free round-trip ticket to the Worlds in Dublin (which was total crap by all accounts, but that's another story).
This was filmed in-race by Smitty and posted a short time afterwards. You can barely tell its me, because I'm so faaar ahead... from High Park til around Bay street. Those are the fastest couriers in all Hogtown chasing after me. He cut the crash out of his helmet-cam footage for some reason. Enjoy a tiny piece of history. In part two, I am featured at the finish line looking extremely skinny and showing off my bloody knee.

Happy new year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os6cXdSmp_I

1 comment:

Me and my camera said...

That's just insane.

You once asked me if I ever did an alleycat, and I told you "no", and that's why! It ain't worth risking life and limb like that.

I did that shit when I had packages on board, but that was my living. Not at night for a race.

You guys are crazy!!!

;-)

Cool video.